Homeowners need to get prices and information from more than one paving-contractor source. This can be confusing and, making a decision, a nightmare.
Getting prices and information from a few sources is useful but this can also sometimes leave you confused and unsure which source of information is reliable. Most homeowners are undertaking a paving project for the first time but they find themselves faced with the problem of selecting a paving contractor based on what each sales person has told them.
The key to deciding on the best paving contractor is to find out if and how their company is recognised by the paving industry and its institutions. It is important to check that their company has a good history which means checking if they have good reviews from past customers and if they come recommended. It is also important to check whether their everyday paving practice is up to scratch with the industry standards so that you know they will do a proper job.
To help you gain some traction with your decision, we have listed some important points to consider before deciding on the right paving contractor for you:
- Is paving the contractor’s primary business?
- Do they have a permanent place of business or just a P.O. Box address and cellphone number?
- Is the company and their employees covered by Workman’s Compensation?
- Are they a member of the Concrete Manufacturers Association & Brick Paving Institute or Master Builders Association?
- Do they issue a written guarantee and do they have a track record to back it up?
- Do they issue a written quote and a detailed drawing of the work to be done?
- Are they financially secure?
- Do they ask for payment before the contract is complete?
After considering these important points, you will usually find that one or two of the contractors stand out and you will begin to feel that you are now far more confident in making a decision and can trust your contractor to complete the job as specified and in the shortest time-frame without compromising quality.